Online Games I'm Playing

What I have been listening to

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Quick Review

Ok so after getting back home from the seemingly endless task of Christmas shopping around 1 am last night I had rented movies in hand and was determined to fall asleep to a movie. Despite rave fan appeal I figured wouldn't care to much for The Hangover and promptly rented it anyway. Upon viewing it started pretty decent but something nagged at me. It didn't take me long to figure it out. It was constantly winking at me. The entire movie was one continuous wink-a-thon about the "Tales of Vegas" or to drag out what they dragged out all the times they used it to often... "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas". It is already a tired degenerating line and it is positively geriatric in The Hangover.

That said I can understand the appeal. It is an easy film that doesn't pretend to be even the remotely intelligent, or strangely even stupid. It aspires to average and nails it. I would like to tell you that it makes average look good, but it only manages average. Average cast, average mentality, average jokes, average cast, average movie. It is just to bad that I was so wired I actually watched it all. However it wasn't until the end that I felt I wasted my time, so it was a good relaxing movie that maybe helped me get a little more emotionally centered.

No comments:

Post a Comment