Online Games I'm Playing

What I have been listening to

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Greetings!

Hi! My name is Erin and I am trying a blog, again. This is my second attempt at blogging... but not in this persona;) I will attempt to keep up on it and I will attempt to make it interesting, thought provoking, and better yet... interactive. If I fail in any of these attempts you have my apologies in advance.

First, who I am. I am a transgendered person that spends most of my time dressed masculine but thinking feminine. I am not gender dysphoric. I like the ability to be both femme and masculine. I wish I could dress en femme more, but let us face it, this is not a society that it is manageable to be both. Especially if you have more than just yourself to take into account. That is right, I am married with children.

Second, what this blog will be about. Or in Seuss parlance, what is the shape of a blog (granted his blog was a Blogg, but shouldn't he be partially credited anyways for the invent of the word? I am sure that his The Shape of Me and Other Things story played some role in the name). This one will be a bit of everything. On more serious subjects like my societal pet peeves, political discussion, socio-political thoughts, news of the day, general rants & musings, and of course some transgender talk and/or how all the rest effects the transgender community. On a lighter note I will also try to talk about books (if I ever have time for an adult book again), movies, games, and music not usually with a TG slant but you never know.

Last, why should you care about me or what I have to say? You should care about what I have to say, because I may have some good ideas and thoughts. You never know. And it doesn't matter where good ideas and thoughts come from. Connection and discussion of is the reason you should want to read what I have to say. But the short answer for why you should care about me personally is... that maybe you shouldn't. Not any more than you care for people in general (and let us hope and pray that you do care for people in general). Unless you have some connection to me, who I am, shouldn't effect you much at all other than the above mentioned humanity angle. Perchance, maybe in time we will form that connection. Again you never know.

So with that I welcome you to enjoy and join my blog, musings, discussion, ranting or whatever happens to come out. If you enjoy it then stay and perhaps we can enjoy together. If not then it is what it is and I thank you for stopping by.

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment