Online Games I'm Playing

What I have been listening to

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Partisan Warriors

For those that drink to deeply from the koolaid, believe everything that is shoveled to them and espouse definitive generalized statements just because of a D or R that is associated a persons name. Grow a pair and learn to think critically.

If you have a singular news source and especially if it is a talk show host (radio, TV, print, and internet) then start getting other sources. For example World News Network. News from all over the world, from all sorts of different backgrounds and political alignment. Because where you get information is not nearly as important as the accuracy of that information. Your political talking points distributors and those that make masses amounts of money pedaling fear and hate is not the best sources of news. In fact no matter how accurate a personality (radio, TV, print, and internet) they don't usually source their comments, and if they do, it can simply be their take on what that source is saying. Or in some examples the source is simply another personalities opinion... this is of course more rampant at Fox News than anywhere else.

As a progressive liberal, whom is also a bottom line fiscal conservative, let me tell you I have listened to too many personalities that are President Obama apologist as well. Then I have heard those that simply regurgitate what they have heard on radio or TV, and not source any of it. I have been guilty of that with numbers myself... even after I read them the number that I heard will trump the number that I read. Titillation is king I guess.

However there are to many that don't even try. The Left side is LESS prone to do this than the Right. The Left personalities frames things in a different fashion than the Right personalities, whom just tells you what to think. The main apologist in my sphere are Ed Schultz, Randi Rhodes, and Mario Solis-Marich. The right wing talkers here that tow party line and fear monger are to numerous to mention. The point is that blind loyalty to someone else's view point is lazy and stupid for the sake of being lazy and stupidly uninformed.

Yes I know that staying informed takes work. But if you are going to have a strong opinion know why you have it. Read and source your belief system by at least reading bills and how certain political figures have voted and ask those leaders to explain their reasoning.

Why this rampage through the lazy leading the dumb, or lazier? Well It has always been a pet peeve. But more to the point I was reading the local news on one of the local TV channel sites about Governor Ritter deciding not to run for a second term. Of course like all sites now there was a comment area that for some weird reason my browser takes me to on that site before the story (that irks me too) low and behold the first thing I read is about how Ritter and the Democrats are ruining the country and making it safe for terrorist. And I am thinking, "Oh for the love of Pete!" I read on and the argument tends to rage between Big D Democrats, Big R Republicans, Big C Conservatives, and Big L Liberals that spew generalization after generalization all regurgitated from talking points from political talk personalities. Not an original idea amongst them and almost nothing to do with Governor Ritter's service. I say almost nothing because I didn't read it all and saw nothing that directly pertained to Governor Ritter. Almost completely about slurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment